[kdepim-users] Re: Migration mixedmail resource fails

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Jun 12 19:24:37 BST 2011

On Sunday, 2011-06-12, Günter Lichtenberg wrote:

> sorry - I edited this out. The owner/group is correct, it is my user name
> and the usual group. Just to be sure I created a file in the inbox and
> inbox/cur directories. I was also able to look at one of the files with
> more.

Very strange.

> Could it be that the access rights are too open? The rights are currently
> at 755. I remember dimly that ssh does not work if acess to .ssh is not
> 700 or so...

While my ~/Mail and its subdirectories is indeed 700, I don't think the access
checks are that sophisticated.
Can't hurt to try though.

Additionally you could rename/move Mail and create
Mail/
Mail/inbox
Mail/inbox/cur
Mail/inbox/new
Mail/inbox/tmp
Mail/output
Mail/outbox/cur
Mail/outbox/new
Mail/outbox/tmp

manually and check what the KMail folders resource says to that.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring