[kdepim-users] Re: Category Tags

Mon Jun 6 16:21:50 BST 2011

On Monday 06 Jun 2011 9:07:31 AM Mark Fraser wrote:
> On Monday 06 Jun 2011 08:29:17 O. Sinclair wrote:
> > On 05/06/2011 17:33, Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I just upgraded to KDE 4.6.3 and kdepim 4.4.11.1 and found that
> > > categories are supported for contacts again. There is one issue
> > > though:
> > > Some of the category tags are there multiple times (two or three
> > > times)
> > > and I could not find a way to delete the duplicates, in fact I could
> > > not find a way to delete any category tag.
> > >
> > > Also, is there a way to filter contacts with categories? Or to
> > > detect
> > > contacts which are in no category...
> >
> > rediscovered them too now that you mention them - and I have tens of
> > "business" whatever each tag. It seems they can be removed by opening
> > Kaddressbook and when hover over a category a red "x" shows up so you
> > can delete. But it will take me forever to clean up... and I don't seem
> > to be able to remove a category "tick" once I put it on a contact..hm.
> >
> > Is there an rc-file or similar where these can be edited?
>
> I asked this before when Categories were originally available and never got
> an answer. So maybe this time. I did try looking around to see where they
> were stored, but found nothing.

Are you all referring to KMail > Settings menu > Configure KMail > Appearance >
Message Tags > Available Tags?

I had several duplicates listed in there but there is a "-" icon and i select
the tag i want to remove and click it. However, i am using kmail2 at the
moment and am not sure if this is a new feature in this version.
--
Cheers!
Kishore