[kdepim-users] Re: post -migration issues Kontact 4.6

Darknight darknight7 at tiscali.it
Thu Jun 30 10:16:29 BST 2011

2011-06-30 10:31:03 Thomas Olsen
> > In Akonadiconsole (or perhaps in System Settings somewhere) create a
> > Nepomuk Tags resoure. Restart Kontact. Voila - it is in your folders
> > tree. At least for me
>
> Actually I had already added a Tags resource and the folder tree magically
> appeared. After the last msg I tried to tag some msgs but for some reason
> the do not show up in the Tags folder tree. Maybe another "give it time"
> issue ;-)

I've been reading the messages related to kontact 4.6 migration and waiting
for 4.7 to do it myself. Kmail is instrumental in my job, it has to "just
work".
Honestly the "give it time" issue seems a little too widespread and is more
serious than it seems at first glance. Some way to tell that "there's life out
there" would be welcome. Imagine I do the migration and don't read this list
and have to wait several days to see things like search in working order. I'll
probably do a lot of things that will disrupt the indexing process, like
wiping my .kde and/or .local to start from scratch, redownload all imap
folders, re-add local folders etc.
I will curse kdepim 4.6, think it's crap etc because that way it will never
work.

--
The Fibonacci in Lateralus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS7CZIJVxFY