[kdepim-users] With IMAP_IDLE in kmail2 is interval checking redundant?

Mon Jun 13 06:03:45 BST 2011

The subject pretty much sums up my question.

I have a few IMAP accounts with google and i have them configured to check
every 5 mins. This as i understand was necessary in kmail 1 as the IMAP_IDLE
was not there.

In kmail 2 with IMAP_IDLE implemented, is it still necessary to set interval
checking?
--
Cheers!
Kishore

Ps: I find that even just checking for mail consumes a lot of bandwidth (often
taking over 5 mins on all accounts) when i am using (slow) mobile broadband.
This usually makes me just put kmail in offline and manually check mail when i
am on mobile broadband. However, i do often forget to set it back to online
when i enter wifi zone.