[kdepim-users] Re: KWallet doesn't accept password (SOLVED)

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 12 09:43:34 BST 2011

On Saturday 11 Jun 2011 21:30:55 John Aldrich wrote:
> On Sat June 11 2011, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > I'm still having glitches with KWallet, but it's working...MOSTLY. I
> > > posted a question on Fedora-KDE about some issues I'm still having,
> > > such as KWallet NOT asking for a password until I go to send a
> > > message (I'd prefer to have it ask when KMail opens.)
> >
> > Opening KMail doesn't actually need a password, does it?  That's the
> > only reason KWallet would open.
>
> Well, what the heck changed? WHY did it change??? It pi$$es me off that
> suddenly the default behavior of KWallet changes. What
> <sarcasm>*wonderfully smart* person </sarcasm> decided we needed to change
> that???

Since my wallet is needed immediately at login, for connection purposes, I
can't say whether I have this issue or not, but I haven't seen anyone else
reporting it.  I assume that it needs passwords to read your mail from the
IMAP server, so where is it getting those passwords, if not from kwallet?
That could be the key to your problem, I think.  Clearly kwallet is not
opening because it doesn't need passwords stored there for reading - and
that's not normal.

Anne