[kdepim-users] KMail 2 filters and tags

Dave Griffiths dave.griffiths62 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 21:08:16 BST 2011

Hi all,

Yesterday I did the upgrade to KDEPIM 4.6.1 on openSUSE 11.4 64bit. Overall
the migration of data went well. I had an initial problem sending mails but
this was shown to be because the mail dispatcher was offline. Once I changed
its status with Akonadi Console, all worked.

After that success I manually tagged some messages, feeling pleased that all
my existing tags had migrated across. This also worked as expected.

Today though I set up a new message filter and set the filer to move the
message to a folder and apply 2 of the tags I already had. This also appeared
to work except the icons in the message header looked different from the
manually tagged messages. Digging further into my tag list I discovered that I
now had 2 new tags, with no name, added to the top of my tag list. Deleting
these made the tags vanish from the message which I was then able to tag
manually using my existing tags.

My question. Can anyone else confirm this action.
If it is a general fault then I will happily file a bug.

Thanks in advance
Dave