[kdepim-users] Re: kmail default dictionary

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 20:56:38 BST 2011

On 25/07/2011 18:35, Colin J Thomson wrote:
> On Monday 25 Jul 2011 15:25:44 Myrosia Dzikovska wrote:
>>> On my system it's no longer there.  Setting the dictionary in System
>>> Settings

>> I am in a similar situation: Ukrainian locale, but need a Swedish
>> dictionary. Using Kmail 11.3.6 on FC16, KDE 4.5.5
>>
>> I went to System Settings ->  Locale ->  Spell Checker and set the
>> default dictionary there. This didn't seem to help. Right now, every
>> time I start a new message in KMail, the default dictionary is set to
>> (), correspondingly with every word underlined. Is there anything else
>> I could be missing here?
>
> In Kmail try setting the dictionary in Settings>Identities>Advanced, I seem to
> remember something similar a while back.

I have installed, apart from English that is installation language
(locale) for me, the aspell package and aspell-en and aspell-sv. The
later is Swedish spelling dictionary.

In KMail I can choose which dictionary to use via the "Dictionary" line
when I compose (menu View, tick "Dictionary"). I have also set one
Identity to use Swedish as Default as I mainly communicate w Swedish
friends/associates using that Identity. This is done from Kmail
Settings, Identity, Modify, the Advanced tab.

Hope this might help