[kdepim-users] Re: KMail2 import, help needed

Rafa Griman rafagriman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 07:29:47 BST 2011

Hi Kevin and list,

On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 8:07 PM, Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at> wrote:
> On Sunday, 2011-07-10, Rafa Griman wrote:
>> Hi all :)
>>
>> I'm trying to migrate from KMail to KMail2. "Automagic" migration
>> didn't work (for me) so I'm trying to import my previous e-mails into
>> KMail2.
>>
>> Basically I've:
>>    1.- created a new user (since with my usual account was impossible)
>>    2.- changed ~/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc to use SQLITE
>
> So far so good.

:)

>>    3.- started KMail2 and hit File -> Import Messages
>>    4.- Choose "Import KMail maildirs and Folder Structure"
>
> Instead of the above two, you can add a special backend handler which operates
> on a KMail direcory tree similar to what KMail1 did.
> In KMail2's account management section, type is "KMail Folders".

Tried that too, but KMail2 just lists the e-mail directories/folders.
I can't click on them: aka I can't access my previous KMail e-mails.
Yes, they're KMail maildir folders, no mbox ;)

After adding "KMail folders" backend handler (and waiting for a while
with no activity whatsoever) ... I logged off, lit some candles,
prayed, moved the mouse while looking at the moon, ... ;)  logged on
again. But I still can't access my previous e-mail maildirs using the
akonadi "KMail Folders" backend, I can't click on those folders.

I know the e-mail maildir folders I'm trying to import are OK because:
   1.- If I click on an file/e-mail from konqueror ... a KMail2 window
opens and I can read the file/e-mail
   2.- If I copy them over to a distro with a previous version of
KMail, I can read them without issues

In any case, when you use the "File -> Import Messages" tool, where do
they get stored? They've got to be copied (imported) somewhere. Where
are they?

Another thing I've also tried is copying over the maildirs directly
into ~/.local/share/.local-mail.directory. This used to worked with
KMail ... but not anymore with KMail2 :(

Thanks for your time :)

   Rafa

TIA

   Rafa