[kdepim-users] Re: kmaill sent-mail folders.

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Tue Jan 25 20:00:50 GMT 2011

On Monday 24 January 2011, Alessandro wrote:
> can you help me with this question? thanks
>
> http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=92648

Reading the above thread it seems you want to know where KMail's sent-
mail folder resides in the file system.

Apparently, you are using KMail 1.13.5 (with KDE SC 4.5).

First let's find out where KDE stores its settings. Run the following
command in Konsole:
    kde4-config --localprefix
I guess it's ~/.kde for you.

Next let's find out where KMail's folders reside. Run the following
command (all in one line) in Konsole:
    kreadconfig --file `kde4-config --localprefix`/share/config/kmailrc
--group General --key folders

This will probably be ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail for you. If yes, then
this directory should contain a file or directory called sent-mail.

If there's no such file or directory then I don't know.

Why are you asking anyway? Are there messages in the sent-mail folder
below Local Folders when you run KMail? Or are we talking about IMAP
accounts?