[kdepim-users] Re: Lost "rebuild index"?

MartinG gronslet at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 23:22:21 GMT 2011

On 1/30/11, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Thanks.  Well, at least I've learned a bit more about how things work.
>
> In the end, before I could follow this up, I changed to Inbox, saw that
> there
> were only two of the ghosts instead of the three that were there yesterday.
> clicked on the top one to see if anything at all is visible, and both
> disappeared!  Fingers crossed that they stay away, but if they don't at
> least
> I know where to look now.
>
> Thanks for your patient explanations.

I just want to chime in and say that your experience,s Anne, coincide
with mine: "Unknown" messages appeared in several of my subfolders of
the INBOX, and when I clicked on them, they suddenly
changed/moved/disappeared/whatever. I am also using (plain) IMAP.
However, when I updated to KDE 4.6 (KMail: 1.13.6,Akonadi 1.5.0),
things seemed to stabilize.

In the end, it would be nice to have a button "I (or a recent update)
messed up my settings/cache/whatever, please clear my *rc, cache, and
everything and let me re-sync my IMAP 'cause I don't know much about
Akonadi/QMYSQL".

By the way - I think KDEPIM/Akonadi really is approaching an
acceptable level of usability now - kudos to the devs! (no pun
intended: I use this at work on a daily basis, and like it)

Best,
MartinG