[kdepim-users] Kmail is not integrated with Kontact

Stan Goodman stan.goodman at hashkedim.com
Tue Feb 22 20:36:57 GMT 2011

The behavior is taking place in a newly installed openSuSE v11.3/KDE
v4.4.4.

When Kontact opens, it includes all its components save Kmail. Clicking
on the Mail button brings up Kmail in a separate window. There is no
condition in which Kmail is integrated with the Kontact window. When
Kontact closes, Kmail remains displayed. They have separate lives.

I have had other installations of the same operating system and KDE
combination in which this behavior did not occur, so  I think this is a
glitch of some sort, rather than a  bug.

For completelness, I should add that it is apparently different from an
existing (and supposedly solved) bug in which Kmail is loaded together
with Kontact, but in a separate window (or so I understand from reading
the bug). The bug is also said in at least one place to relate to KDE
v4.4.2.

I would appreciate helpful comments on it.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on