[kdepim-users] Re: Sync Kontact with mobile devices

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Sun Feb 6 18:21:26 GMT 2011

Am Sonntag, 6. Februar 2011 schrieb Ingo Klöcker:
> On Sunday 06 February 2011, Marc Deop wrote:
> > On Saturday 05 February 2011 22:27:01 Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:
> > > Mobile phone <-funambol android/nokia...-> funambol-server <--
> > > syncevolution  --> kmail/korganizer
> > >
> > > works via http/htps , using wlan, phone lines etc
> > > this works nicely 2 way
> >
> > This is not, in any way, acceptable from a user point of view.
> > What we need is sit in fron of our computer, plug-in the phone,
> > click a button and have the work done.
>
> That's not what I would want. I don't want to connect the phone
> with a cable. I want it to work wirelessly and (after initial
> setup) without me having to do anything at all.

I agree with Ingo. And to be honest, we are almost there. Modern
smartphones can access Google Mail/Calendar/Addressbook and via
funambol (or even without it) SOGo (for those who wants a free/open
software). I don't want my (next) phone to sync with data on my PC, I
want it to sync against my server.

> Regards,
> Ingo

Greetings