[kdepim-users] Re: missing distribution lists

upscope upscope at nwi.net
Thu Feb 10 14:29:56 GMT 2011

On Thursday, February 10, 2011 03:35:18 AM O. Sinclair wrote:
> On 10/02/2011 09:58, O. Sinclair wrote:
> >> the

> >> is

> >> them

> >> I've seen this also.!! I also have problem when I add a contact
to a
> >> distribution list saved to a distribution list under contact,
Kmail
> >> never gets the update, only what I describe as a blank vcard.
> > yes, it seems newly created Groups or distribution lists do not
work
> > either. Anyone have an idea of what to do next?
> >
> to follow up on my woes, I have been to userbase.kde on KAddressbook
and
> akonadi, I have google, I have been to kubuntuforums. Nothing I have
> tried so far works.
>
> here is what happens when I want to use a new Group (my old ones are
all
> blank...)
> * OK, I go to kmail, new message, and on the right of the address
slot,
> I click on "select". Then ah! it seems I can select e.g "Family"
(now
> it's called a "distribution list"). I click "Add", and now my
recipient
> is  "Family"...
> I send the message...
>
> it doesn't work: I immediately get an email saying:
>   <Family at my-laptop>: Recipient address rejected: Access denied
>
> Am I the ONLY one on Kubuntu 10.10 w KDE 4.6 seeing this behaviour??
>
> Sinclair

I see the same thing on openSUSE 11.3. I just installed the latest KDE
4.6 this morning. Will see if it still does it and report back. Its
adding the host name after the email address and therefore the ISP
system rejects it. This occured in an earlier version and it looks
like it a regression.
--
Russ