[kdepim-users] [Kde-pim] KMail2 losing filter destinations

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Mon Dec 12 11:29:06 GMT 2011

On Monday 12 December 2011 11:01:43 laurent Montel wrote:
> Le dimanche 11 décembre 2011 19:36:29 John Aldrich a écrit :
> > KMail2 has decided to start losing my filter desitinations.

<snip>

> In 4.8 I improved it.
> We can import/export old filter format.
> So it's fixed in 4.8

I'm wondering what to do regarding supporting PIM 4.7 for openSUSE 12.1.  The
migration issues and the resource usage in a successful clean IMAP setup have
chased many users away to Thunderbird.  Right now, I wish I had invested time
in making 4.4 work with kdepimlibs 4.7.

So I have been cherrypicking commits into our 4.7.2 packages for online
update, but as of last week, 4.7 branch will be left alone.

I have 3 choices:
* ship kdepim* 4.7.4 as an online update
* cherrypick the most important fixes from 4.7 branch to our released version
4.7.2
* wait for 4.8.0 in January and online update to that

Some structural things like filtering and Nepomuk feeder usage will only be
fixed in 4.8, but I have a low degree of confidence that we (pim dev hat on
now) will not ship more regressions in a .0.

But, testing the water, what would the rest of you do here?

Will