[kdepim-users] Kontact RSS Feeds (Akregator)

Leo quickfixmassage-register at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 15 15:05:02 GMT 2011

Hi All

I was wondering whether anybody out there could help with an RSS feeds problem
I have been encountering?

I am running Kontact on an Ubuntu 10.04 system and encountered this problem
with the feeds after I had upgraded from Ubuntu 8.04.

The problem is that I am unable to even see any of the new feeds (despite
being told how many unread new feeds I have when I click on the feed). The
'Title', 'Feed', 'Author' and 'Date' section remains blank, like there are no
feeds.

There are some old feeds that appear, that have been read but these are only a
handful of the old feeds that I had.

What have I done so far:

I have created a virtual machine and installed Ubuntu 10.04 as a fresh install
and then installed Kontact. I then set up the feeds and this seems to be
working perfectly.

I have compared the directories of the working Akregator against the one that
does not work. The only differences that I could find were in that in the
Akregator that was not working I found the following additional files:

/home/user/.kde/share/apps/akregator/lock

/home/user/.kde/share/apps/akregator/data/tagset.xml

I am unaware of whether they are significant or not.

My main problem is that I cannot work out what configuration/settings have gone
wrong or been corrupted. If I could work that out then I should be able to
overwrite the configuration settings with a healthy working set.

I would, if possible, like to get back my old feeds that I had but if it is an
overly complicated or time consuming process it is probably more sensible just
to start afresh as there is nothing essential that I need to have.

Thanks very much.

Leo