[kdepim-users] kmail contacts search problem

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 07:29:30 GMT 2011

KDEPIM 4.7.3 on Kubuntu 11.10 64bit

I have one addressbook, Personal Folders, and it normally works the way
it should so to speak.

I have however found what seems like a bug and would like to know if
others experience this.

I am from Sweden originally and in our alphabet we have 3 extra letters
with umlauts (dots over O, dots over A and a circle over A). My given
name contains one of these 3 letter, Ö.

When I compose a new mail in KMail and start typing any name in the "To"
field searching for contacts containing any of these letters nothing
happens.. (they can show up in "recent addresses"). All other contacts
work the expected way (after a few letters typed the full address(es)
shows up as an option).

In KAddressbook or the Contacts part of Kontact searching for these
addresses works just fine.

Is this a known bug, does others using umlauts see this behaviour?

kind regards
Sinclair