[kdepim-users] kmail fetching mail from imap server

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Fri Dec 16 20:46:11 GMT 2011

Hallo

since I switched to kmail2 the imap akonadi resource clutters my imap server
logfile every 5 minutes with two lines for each imap folder saying that the
client opened the imap folder (like "open: user foobar opened INBOX.xxx.yyy)
Even if there are no changes in the named folder. Neither kmail1 did this nor
thunderbird or any other mail client I know of.

Obvious this is not needed to get the information for new mails. So for what
is this needed?

Martin