[kdepim-users] Kmail and filters

Lívio Cipriano lcipriano at iol.pt
Thu Dec 29 18:08:43 GMT 2011

HI,

Now I'm using OpenSuSE 12.0 and Kmail seams to behave strange; what is
natural, cause almost all it's new.

Anyaway .. I think there is a bug in the filter chain. In KDE 3.5 the filters
of KMail acted first in the incoming mail, directly from the mail server. If
you selected that a filter applied to a certain server, the message was passed
through that filter and if the criteria was true delivered to the folder
specified in the filter. If none of the filters catch the message and was not
spam, then it was delivered to the folder specified in the POP account.

Now it seams that the message it's first delivered to the folder specified in
the POP account and only after that scanned by the filters. That implies that
when the filter is specified it's necessary to check the POP accounts, from
where the messages to be scanned are expected, and also the folder where the
POP delivers them cause, or it seams, the filters only act on the folders, not
on the POP accounts.

Am I right or wrong, cause haven't master the setting of the filters, or it's
a bug?

Lívio Cipriano
Lívio Cipriano