[kdepim-users] kmail2 search doesn't work

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Thu Dec 22 19:47:34 GMT 2011

Am Donnerstag, 22. Dezember 2011, 20:33:40 schrieb Ingo Klöcker:
> On Thursday 22 December 2011, O. Sinclair wrote:
> > >
> > > http://trueg.wordpress.com/2011/12/05/manually-forcing-the-re-index
> > > ing-of- folders-is-easy/
> >
> > the problem is that he relates to folders, not to address book and
> > email
>
> I haven't tested this, but replacing the corresponding Akonadi resources
> with new ones might work, i.e. try deleting and then re-adding the
> address book.

I tried it out. It did a kind of reindexing but only adds new or previously
unknown mails. reindexing finished within a few seconds wheras ti took several
minutes wit an fresh database.

IMHO nepomuk needs more control infrastructure than it has today (like
browsing, removing and reindexing stuff).

Martin