[kdepim-users] Frequent coruptions of data base. Any remedies?

Stephan Diestelhorst stephan.diestelhorst at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 16:11:26 GMT 2011

On 15 November 2011 18:16, Stephan Diestelhorst
<stephan.diestelhorst at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Mmhhm, it seems that the idea was that one could dump the data base,
>>> even after it was corrupted and manually feed the data back into a new
>>> copy.
>>
>> Doing anything from akonadi side when the database is corrupted is already
>> too late. Best would be if MySQL would be stable enough to deal with such
>> cases.
>
> I have simulated and expierenced a few real hard shutdowns again, and
> it seems that the settings so seem to help. InnoDB sees that there had
> ben an unclean shutdown, but is apparently able to recover. Now, if
> this is just luck I do not know, but it is at least some
> circumstantial evidence that the settings help.

After some more time I experienced two more failures and both of them
caused the dreadful data corruptions, again. :-( Just checking that
the settings are still there:

~$ cat ~/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf | grep "flush\|sync"
sync_binlog=1
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=1

Yep, they are. And this is just a reason for why I have to wipe the
data base. I'll post this info to the bug report, too and open a MySQl
bug, as well.

Stephan