[kdepim-users] Backup/Sync Kontact

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Wed Dec 21 15:17:09 GMT 2011

[ Comments below, in-line ]

On 12/21/2011 10:06 AM, Guillaume Hugonnet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use two computer and I would like to sync Kontact for both backup
> and workflow. I was thunderbird user, I use to copy ~/.thunderbird
> over the network to get all my email. I tried to do the same with
> ~/.kde4 bute doesn't work, it make the copy but no email in
> mailbox, no task, no contact...

Howdy,

What version of kmail?  kmail or kmail2?  It's a bit more complicated
with kmail2 and frankly, I'm no longer using kmail2.  I've switched to
Thunderbird.

For kmail, you should be able to pick up everything (including
sub-directories) from ~/.kde4/share/apps/kmail

In the same level, `kabc' has your contacts.

HTH!

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926      Fax:   760.860.5225 (US)