[kdepim-users] mails are multiplying themselves after migration to kmail2

Graham P Davis newsboy at scarlet-jade.com
Sat Dec 17 21:31:00 GMT 2011

Zbigniew Lisiecki wrote:

> Hi,
> I observe a strange behaviour of my kmail2 client after migration. After
> kmail start elder and already distributet mails appear once more in the
> inbox folder. Short after this they are properly distributet to subfolders
> according to my filter rules. If i delete these mails or not somehow the
> numer of identical mail copies increases in subfolders. I discussed this
> in: http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=97205&p=209014#p209014
> without finding the solution.
> Any hlep is appreciated as it is difficult to use kmail program now.
> regards
> Zbigniew Lisiecki

I've had that trouble for years with kmail, long before kmail2 was a twinkle
in a demented programmer's eye. It used to happen especially if I hadn't had
kmail open for a couple of days. I'd then get up to half-a-dozen copies of
each mail. It would then settle down if I kept kmail running 24/7.

The only difference I see with kmail2 and multiple copies is that I get
windows popping up warning of a conflict and asking if I want to keep the
left-hand message, or the right, or both - as if I had a clue which I
needed!

As kmail2 has another bug where many messages are empty when I open them,
getting multiple copies can be a blessing. What a shambles!

--
Graham Davis, Bracknell, Berks. E-mail: change boy to man