[kdepim-users] kmail2 search doesn't work

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Fri Dec 23 11:33:29 GMT 2011

Am Freitag, 23. Dezember 2011, 03:05:41 schrieb Sérgio Basto:
> On Thu, 2011-12-22 at 10:26 +0200, O. Sinclair wrote:
> > Any idea how I can trigger a reindex? As it seems a bug with
> > non-latin
> > characters is supposedly fixed and some contacts and email are
> > "non-searchable" at this moment. And documents/files but that is a
> > separate problem
>
> Deleting the indexes , of course :-) , but where are the indexes ?

On my installation it is in .kde/share/apps/nepomuk/repository/main. Last time
i remove it, the DB is recreated but not the content. I had to remove and
readd all nepomuk feeders.

Be warned: If you use nepomuk for other data as well you will loose all this.

> so the search problem search on AdressBook  , when we are writing a
> letter ?

This search is in nepomuk as well. Last time simply remove and add the
contact-feeder in akonadi-console did the trick of reindexing my address book.

Martin