[kdepim-users] copying data files from KMail, KAddressBook and KOrganizer in KDE 4.2.4

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Thu Dec 29 12:25:18 GMT 2011

Dropped the developer mailing list from Cc, please use the users one for
user questions.

Am Donnerstag, 29. Dezember 2011 schrieb Louis Hinman:
> Dear Colleagues --

Hi Louis,

> I would like to copy the data files from KAddressBook, KOrganizer,
> Kmail to corresponding applications on a new Apple iMac-27.

So you have KDE 4 installed there? Or do you think about the corresponding
Apple applications like Apple Mail?

> Can this be done?  What are the paths/filenames for the files I need?

That depends on your KDEPIM version and settings.

Some places to look:

- ~/.config/akonadi - for configured Akonadi resources
- ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc - especially std.vcf
- with Akonadi: ~/.local/share/contacts
- ~/.kde/share/apps/korganizer - especially std.ics
- ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail or
- ~/Mail for mails
- ~/.kde/share/config - there the config files of the applications

Okay, noticed from the subject that you use KDE SC 4.2.4. Then Akonadi by
default is only used for contacts AFAIR. Or has the Akonadi based
KAdressBook come later?

See also:

Akonadi article in userbase wiki:
http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi

Akonadi misconception #1: where is my data?
http://blogs.kde.org/node/4503

> I would also like to copy the data file from KWalletManager (or at
> least find a way to print it out).

- ~/.kde/share/apps/kwallet
- corresponding config file ~/.kde/share/config

Have a good new year.

Thanks,