[kdepim-users] kmail 4.7.3: jump, move actions don't allow '/' in folder path

infrabit at infrabit.net infrabit at infrabit.net
Fri Dec 30 02:35:38 GMT 2011

Hi folks,

Here's an issue that I'm facing since switching to new KMail:

   Qt: 4.7.4
   KDE Development Platform: 4.7.3 (4.7.3)
   KMail: 4.7.3

I have several folders where I file emails and have chosen the names such as I
can select them in 3 keystrokes (the last letter of the parent folder, followed
by a slash and then first letter of folder).

Here's an example:
1. Create a folder structure "inbox/tech/admin".
2. Type 'j' (or 'm') to bring up the jump (or move) dialog
3. Type 'h/a'

With KMail 4.4 step (3) would select the 'admin' folder while now typing a '/'
appears to be interpreted as part of folder name and will never match.

Anybody else annoyed by this?

I realize that renaming folders to have unique names would be a workaround, but
just as an example, being able to give the full path using '/' allowed me to
archive older messages into say 'archive/tech/admin'. Another advantage is when
selecting the Inbox folder if using multiple accounts (mix of POP and IMAP)
where Inbox folders cannot be renamed (although I could assign a shortcut).

Thanks,
Viorel