[kdepim-users] Kmail1 to Kmail2 folder import

Darknight darknight7 at tiscali.it
Fri Aug 5 08:56:59 BST 2011

On Friday 05 August 2011 08:19:18 ianseeks wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've got my current Kmail1 stype /home/???/Mail folders referenced as a
> "Kmail Maildir" in Kmail2. - How can i import them into kmail2 format so i
> can get rid of the "Kmail Maildir" configuration?  There is no import
> option for converting the folders directly unless you have previously
> exported them to a kmail archive file. As i now running kmail2 i can't
> export my folders.
>
> I did a test of just moving a test folder from kmail1 to kmail2, it popped
> up a message saying that you can't do it but it did move it anyway and
> deleted the contents of that folder.

In theory you should do nothing. The behaviour is intended.
You could drag & drop your kmail folders in your local folders (my
kmail2/akonadi keeps adding these even if I don't need them and delete them)
but the "kmail maildir" is a convenient way to import folders without having
to move them around your hard disk.