[kdepim-users] akonadi_nepomuk using 100% of ram

Thomas Olsen tanghus at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 11:06:36 BST 2011

On Tuesday 02 August 2011 11:46:48 Darknight wrote:
> Since I enabled the nepomuk indexing a couple of hours ago I have
> experienced this problem twice. All ram is used and then it starts to swap
> brutally... What am I loosing if I leave nepomuk off?
> Is there a way to configure it so it will behave in the future?

I use a hack. I have a script which I set to run via kalarm
(you could use cron) twice a day.

---[snip]-----------------------------------------------
#! /usr/bin/env bash
qdbus org.kde.NepomukServer /nepomukserver org.kde.NepomukServer.enableStrigi $1

if [ "$1" == "false" ]; then
  #echo "Killing virtuoso-t processes..."
  killall -9 virtuoso-t
  exit 0 # If there are no virtuoso-t processes running killall would cause kalarm to popup an error msg.
fi

It gets called at 2:30 AM with 'true' as argument and at 8 AM with 'false' as argument.
An ugly hack and any suggestions to improve it are welcome :-)

--
Best regards / med venlig hilsen

Thomas Olsen