[kdepim-users] kontact 4.7 won't send mail

Alan McKinnon alan.mckinnon at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 11:31:03 BST 2011

On Fri 12 August 2011 11:23:23 Thomas Olsen did opine thusly:
> On Thursday 11 August 2011 12:44:53 Daniel wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > great, it's working and i haven't thought of the akonadiconsole.
> >
> > Thank you very much!
> >
> > but why did it switch to offline mode? i also toggeld kmails
> > offline/online switch to test that but it didn't help me.
>
> I had the saem problem with an IMAP ressource which had switched to
> offline for no apparent reason and didn't fetch any new mail. I
> ended up deleting the ressource and setting it up again (which
> takes like forever).

I get that a lot too. My mail is on Exchange and I get it via IMAP,
but have to set up ssh tunnels to get there. If I forget to run the
tunnel script, kmail can't see Exchange and goes off-line, nothing in
the gui interface can bring it back.

akonadictl restart

fixes it for me. Much less effort than recreating resources.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com