[kdepim-users] Kmail1 to Kmail2 folder import

Darknight darknight7 at tiscali.it
Mon Aug 8 08:30:29 BST 2011

On Saturday 06 August 2011 01:08:15 O. Sinclair wrote:
> Why transfer/import old email to a special "mixed maildir" category
> instead of straight to "new maildir"? Is there any difference even
> except for me/you/one getting a folder structure extra?

Maybe, and just maybe, because kmail allowed for mixed maildir and mbox, which
I took advantage of, using mbox for archival purposes reducing the number of
files around my file system. A regular maildir doesn't allow this.
Also, I think they didn't want to copy possibily huge amounts of data during
the migration, but you can if you want to. As I said I suppose you can move
your old mail where you want it to be with drag & drop of entire folders and
maybe entire subtrees, haven't tried.