[kdepim-users] deleting resource "manually"?

Matthias Lechner mat.lechner at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 11 13:09:29 BST 2011

What I did to solve the problem is a complete akonadi reset. That means
deleting all the relevant files in ~/.kde as well as in ~/.config and the
database in ~/.local and starting all over again. In doing so I also omitted
the kmail-migrator and configured the necessary akonadi ressources on my own,
since the migrator had problems with my offline-IMAP account and constantly
produced errors  on the other accounts although everything seemed fine.

I  recommend anyone having problems like these to do such a complete restart.
I really use akonadi and nepomuk only since KDE 4.7, but tried it several
times before. I think many problems with this new concept of storing and
managing data arise from many people messing around with the half-baked
versions in the early times of KDE 4 and the still half-baked possibilities to
migrate data to akonadi in 4.7.