[kdepim-users] KMail/KWallet problems

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 10 20:03:29 BST 2011

On Wed August 10 2011, Anne Wilson wrote:

> > > I've no idea why you are seeing this, John.  I'm using 1.13.7 on KDE
> > > 4.6.5 under Fedora 14, and have never seen the problem.  You need to
> > > figure out what is calling the password request.
> >
> > KWallet , settings by default close wallet very soon, you may disable
> > close wallet after some time in kwallet settings.
>
> That makes sense.  I prefer mine not to close automatically, so un-check
> all the options.

It appears to me, to not be accepting the password completely so that when
KMail wants the SMTP password, it's asking to open the wallet again. I read
another post somewhere that for some reason, KMail doesn't like having an
SMTP password saved. Are you using an SMTP server that requires a password,
by any chance? If not, then you might not see the problem.