[kdepim-users] Re: kmail - kwallet is not available

Myrosia Dzikovska myrosia at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 00:28:54 BST 2011

I had a similar problem on OpenSuse 11.4,
kdepim4-4.4.10-3.2.i586
kdebase4-4.6.0-6.6.2.i586

Others said to delete both the kwallet configuration files and the
passwords in KMail configuration, log in/log out and reconfigure. This
didn't quite work for me. What fixed it eventually is that I stored
both the SMTP and the POP password in KWallet (previously I only
stored the SMTP password). Never quite figured out why, but it is
still reproducible for me: if I store both passwords, everything works
smoothly. If I try to store only one, I promptly get the "KWallet not
available" error.

Myrosia