[kdepim-users] Re: Akonadi + nfs home directories

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sat Apr 2 11:05:41 BST 2011

On Friday, 2011-04-01, Martin (KDE) wrote:
> Am Freitag, 1. April 2011 schrieb Kevin Krammer:

> > I don't think Akonadi uses this right now for file bases caches,
> > but that should probably be investigated.
>
> until 4.5.5 akonadi uses .local/share/akonadi for the database.

Up until 1.5.1 :)
(which is the most recent release AFAIK)

And I was not talking about the database per se. Akonadi basically has a size
limit up to which it puts cache data into the database as well, utilizing
cache files for anything above that.

Assuming the desire to have cache data separate, one could configure this
limit to be very small, probably zero.
Thus the database will then only contain state and relational data.

One kind of cached data might still be better be in a data location, i.e. data
not yet uploaded to the actual backend (e.g. server).

Fortunately any such change will be transparent to both applications as well
as backend connectors.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring