[kdepim-users] Re: Akonadi + nfs home directories

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Fri Apr 1 16:48:21 BST 2011

On Friday, 2011-04-01, Martin (KDE) wrote:

> Yeah, this is the point. One suggestion was to store the cache data on
> /tmp/kde-${USER} but the reply was that akonadi is not kde centric. So
> may be it is time to think of a generic way. There still are some
> folders in users home directory for configuration (like .kde, .config)
> and others like .local. So add another one (lets say .cache), which
> points to /var/tmp/cache-${USER}. And therein all programs can store
> cache data. Even the digikam and web caches can go to this folder.

Actually there is ~/.cache
It is the default location for freedesktop.org's base-dirs spec's cache
directory.
Unless $XDG_CACHE_HOME points to something else.

I don't think Akonadi uses this right now for file bases caches, but that
should probably be investigated.

The upcoming /run directory will hopefully lead to a user local standard
location for sockets so Akonadi can default to that when creating its sockets.
[1]

Cheers,
Kevin

[1] The location of the socket of Akonadi server is configurable in its
config, not sure about the state regarding the MySQL socket. Using the SQLite
backend might be a solution if it is not.
KDE user support, developer mentoring