[kdepim-users] Re: Urgently help needed to get back "Kontact". More than 50% solved!

Johann Rohwer jr at sun.ac.za
Fri Apr 1 08:36:01 BST 2011

On Thursday 31 March 2011, Bas Roufs wrote:
> > For syncing with korganizer, the akonadi-googledata resource
> > works reasonably OK, but for example it can't handle recurring
> > events. It did not satisfy my needs (syncing with Android
> > smartphone via google).
>
> *A first attempt to sync my Nokia N900 with the laptop and Google
> via the akonadi-googledata resource delivers a similar
> result:syncing works for agenda-appointments, but not for other
> functionalities, like "tasks". *

Note that syncing with google tasks is not yet implemented in any
platform. I believe it has to do with some api incompatibilities...
The way GCALdaemon solves this is to make a local backup of your tasks
in an ICS file on your hard drive. This means I can have my tasks on
korganizer (and they are backed up on local disk) but they are not
synced to the smartphone. I can live with that, but if you need
syncing of tasks I'm not aware of any solution yet, so would be
interested to hear.

Johann