[kdepim-users] Re: How do I become KMail User?

Mark mark.klug at ccagent.com
Tue Apr 5 19:50:16 BST 2011

Susan,
   It appears there is a bit of confusion.  Let me try to sort things out.

KMail won't replace your ISP.  Your ISP is your connection to the
Internet for email, web, etc.  KMail works with your ISP service.  You
probably currently use your ISP's (looks like SBC) webmail interface to
read your mail.  When you switch to KMail, :)  it will download your
email from the ISP's servers to your computer.  Then you will
read/send/file/etc your email with everything being done and stored on
your computer.  The ISP will then only be the connection rather than
also providing the email reader/client.

If your problem with your ISP is that you just aren't getting the email
then KMail won't fix that.  If your problem is that you don't like your
ISP's webmail interface and its useability features, then KMail will fix
that.

Make sense?

Mark