[kdepim-users] Re: Using subkeys to sign messages with Kontact and GnuPG

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Apr 11 19:45:31 BST 2011

On Friday 08 April 2011, Robert Simmons wrote:
> I have more than one subkey on my GnuPG keyring.  When I Click
> Settings >> Configure KMail >> Identities >> [my identity] >> Modify
> >> Cryptography >> Change
>
> And try to change the signing key (or the encryption key for that
> matter) the dialog that opens only shows the main keys available.
> There are no subkeys shown and no obvious way to choose a subkey.  As
> a workaround I just use the command line utilities.  Am I missing
> something?

No, I guess not. You can probably set the fingerprint of the subkey
manually in your ~/.kde/share/config/emailidentities . I haven't tested
whether that works.

Another option might be to define the subkey as default signing key
somehow (e.g. in your GnuPG configuration). I'm not sure whether this is
possible.