[kdepim-users] Re: akonadi problem after upgrade to KDE 4.6.1

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Mon Apr 4 20:28:18 BST 2011

Am Samstag, 2. April 2011 schrieb Martin (KDE):
> Hallo
>
> after upgrade to KDE 4.6.1 (fedora 14) I have an error at every
> first kmail/akonadi start. The error logs states that at the
> previous session there was an error (server and control program
> with extended error: D-Bus session bus went down - quitting). Only
> option is to close the dialog box and with it kmail. At second
> kmail start it starts without any problems. The error itself is
> still there.
>
> If I remeber well, this error was there in 4.5.5 as well but it did
> not forced kmail to stop (at first start).

Some more infos about this. If I start kaddressbook as first akonadi program after login the
akonadi starting bar is displayed but no error message.

If I start kontact I got the akonadi starting bar, an error dialogue but kontact keeps running.

If I run kmail from command line I got:

------------------->
KGlobal::locale::Warning your global KLocale is being recreated with a valid main component instead
of a fake component, this usually means you tried to call i18n related functions before your main
component was created. You should not do that since it most likely will not work
kmail(19243)/libakonadi Akonadi::AgentManagerPrivate::createDBusInterface: AgentManager failed to
get a valid AgentManager DBus interface. Error is: 1 "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NameHasNoOwner"
"Could not get owner of name 'org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Control': no such name"
Connecting to deprecated signal
QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
search paths:  ("/usr/lib/qt4/bin", "/usr/local/bin", "/usr/bin", "/bin", "/usr/games",
"/usr/local/sbin", "/usr/sbin", "/sbin", "/net/home/martin/bin", "/usr/sbin", "/usr/local/sbin",
"/usr/local/libexec", "/usr/libexec", "/opt/mysql/libexec", "/opt/local/lib/mysql5/bin",
"/opt/mysql/sbin")
Found mysql_install_db:  "/usr/bin/mysql_install_db"
Found mysqlcheck:  "/usr/bin/mysqlcheck"
[user at host ~]$ akonadi.collectionattributetable                   OK
akonadi.collectionmimetyperelation                 OK
akonadi.collectionpimitemrelation                  OK
akonadi.collectiontable                            OK
akonadi.flagtable                                  OK
akonadi.mimetypetable                              OK
akonadi.parttable                                  OK
akonadi.pimitemflagrelation                        OK
akonadi.pimitemtable                               OK
akonadi.resourcetable                              OK
akonadi.schemaversiontable                         OK
mysql.columns_priv                                 OK
mysql.db                                           OK
mysql.event                                        OK
mysql.func                                         OK
mysql.general_log
Error    : You can't use locks with log tables.
status   : OK
mysql.help_category                                OK
mysql.help_keyword                                 OK
mysql.help_relation                                OK
mysql.help_topic                                   OK
mysql.host                                         OK
mysql.ndb_binlog_index                             OK
mysql.plugin                                       OK
mysql.proc                                         OK
mysql.procs_priv                                   OK
mysql.servers                                      OK
mysql.slow_log
Error    : You can't use locks with log tables.
status   : OK
mysql.tables_priv                                  OK
mysql.time_zone                                    OK
mysql.time_zone_leap_second                        OK
mysql.time_zone_name                               OK
mysql.time_zone_transition                         OK
mysql.time_zone_transition_type                    OK
mysql.user                                         OK
Database "akonadi" opened using driver "QMYSQL"
DbInitializer::run()
checking table  "SchemaVersionTable"
checking table  "ResourceTable"
checking table  "CollectionTable"
checking table  "MimeTypeTable"
checking table  "PimItemTable"
checking table  "FlagTable"
checking table  "PartTable"
checking table  "CollectionAttributeTable"
checking relation  "PimItemFlagRelation"
checking relation  "CollectionMimeTypeRelation"
checking relation  "CollectionPimItemRelation"
DbInitializer::run() done
skipping update 2
skipping update 3
skipping update 4
skipping update 8
skipping update 10
skipping update 12
skipping update 13
skipping update 14
skipping update 15
skipping update 16
skipping update 17
skipping update 18
skipping update 19
Akonadi::NepomukSearchEngine(0x8f98d10) QObject(0x0)
DataStore::unhideAllPimItems()
Connecting to deprecated signal
QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
Database "akonadi" opened using driver "QMYSQL"
Database "akonadi" opened using driver "QMYSQL"
PLUGINS:  "/usr/share/akonadi/agents"
PLUGINS:  ("birthdaysresource.desktop", "contactsresource.desktop", "icalresource.desktop",
"imapresource.desktop", "kabcresource.desktop", "kcalresource.desktop", "knutresource.desktop",
"kolabproxyresource.desktop", "localbookmarksresource.desktop", "maildirresource.desktop",
"maildispatcheragent.desktop", "mboxresource.desktop", "microblog.desktop",
"mtdummyresource.desktop", "nepomukcalendarfeeder.desktop", "nepomukcontactfeeder.desktop",
"nepomuktagresource.desktop", "nntpresource.desktop", "notesresource.desktop",
"pop3resource.desktop", "vcarddirresource.desktop", "vcardresource.desktop")
search paths:  ("/usr/lib/qt4/bin", "/usr/local/bin", "/usr/bin", "/bin", "/usr/games",
"/usr/local/sbin", "/usr/sbin", "/sbin", "/net/home/martin/bin")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_birthdays_resource" 0 ("Resource")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_contacts_resource" 0 ("Resource")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_ical_resource" 0 ("Resource")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_imap_resource" 0 ("Resource")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_kabc_resource" 0 ("Resource")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_kcal_resource" 0 ("Resource")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_knut_resource" 0 ("Resource")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_kolabproxy_resource" 0 ("Resource", "Unique", "NoConfig")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_localbookmarks_resource" 0 ("Resource")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_maildir_resource" 1 ("Resource")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_maildispatcher_agent" 0 ("Unique", "Autostart", "NoConfig")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_mbox_resource" 0 ("Resource")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_microblog_resource" 0 ("Resource")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_mailtransport_dummy_resource" 0 ("Resource", "MailTransport")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_nepomuk_calendar_feeder" 0 ("Unique", "NoConfig")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_nepomuk_contact_feeder" 0 ("Unique", "Autostart", "NoConfig")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_nepomuktag_resource" 0 ("Resource", "Virtual", "Unique", "NoConfig")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_nntp_resource" 0 ("Resource")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_notes_resource" 0 ("Resource")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_pop3_resource" 0 ("Resource")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_vcarddir_resource" 0 ("Resource")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_vcard_resource" 1 ("Resource")
Akonadi server is now operational.
kmail(19243)/libakonadi Akonadi::Control::Private::exec: Could not start/stop Akonadi!
Connecting to deprecated signal
QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
Database "akonadi" opened using driver "QMYSQL"
Database "akonadi" opened using driver "QMYSQL"
Known subscriber "akonadi_maildispatcher_agent" subscribes again
Database "akonadi" opened using driver "QMYSQL"
Known subscriber "akonadi_maildispatcher_agent" subscribes again
Database "akonadi" opened using driver "QMYSQL"
kmail(19243)/kio (KIOJob) KIO::TransferJob::slotData: mimeType() not emitted when sending first
data!; job URL = KUrl("imap://user@mail.example.de:143/INBOX/;UID=11544;SECTION=BODY.PEEK[]") data
size = 2091
kmail(19243) main: Unable to start Akonadi server, exit application

and kmail terminates.

Especially the part "Akonadi server is now operational" and the line after this which state that
Akonadi could not be started is a little strange.

Martin