[kdepim-users] Kontact not showing addresses

Donald J. Stewart donald at soundexperiment.org
Fri Apr 8 04:02:33 BST 2011

thanks Anne,

unfortunately, I even copied the file into ~/.local/share/contacts and it
still doesn't show the addresses...

in order, I tried:

1) backing up std.vcf into my home folder
2) clicked the 'Contacts' tab in my System Settings>Personal Information
3) ensured it pointed to the correct place
4) manually copied it to ~/.local/share/contacts folder

QUESTIONS:

1) when I 'add address book in 'Personal Contacts' I select a folder...not a
file, but a folder...so I created stdvcf with the std.vcf file inside and
selected it... unfortunately this doesn't show the file at all, either...so...
2) why does it ask for a 'folder' when the std.vcf is a file, not a
folder...this seems to be a major problem in attempting to 'add folder to
contacts'...
3) how do I put it in a 'folder' so I can view it...

The std.vcf file in my Kontact>Contacts>Address book shows 156 objects BUT
WILL NOT SHOW A SINGLE FILE...this is what is so frustrating...the file is
there but shows NOTHING in the file...

...please...any ideas?

--
Donald J. Stewart