[kdepim-users] Contacts from Akonadi registered vCard addressbook won't delete

Guido Pinkernell guido.pinkernell at gmx.de
Fri Apr 29 08:22:47 BST 2011

Hi all,

this is on openSUSE 11.4 KDE 4.6.2.

I have two vCard addressbooks, both registered with Akonadi. They point to
different addressfolders, though one folder is a copy of the other. One is
supposed to contain all "work" contacts, the other "private" contacts, for
which I need to delete certain contacts from both addressbooks.

The deletion process from within Kaddressbook runs fine. Contacts disappear
from the list of each addressbook. Even after close down and restart
Kaddressbook they are gone. However, after restarting the whole system, the
deleted contacts are back.

In general settings of both addressbooks, "read-only" is disabled. Only the
user can read and write on all contact files and the addressfolder. When a
vCard file is deleted directly from the folder, it disappears from the list
immediately.

So it seems that deleting a contact from within kaddressbook does not result
in deleting the vCard file so that Akonadi reads it back in when it starts
anew. What do I need to do to change this?

Thanks for you help!

Guido