[kdepim-users] Re: Akonadi + nfs home directories

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Apr 4 16:40:09 BST 2011

On Monday, 2011-04-04, Lars Behrens wrote:
> Am 03.04.2011 11:37, schrieb Ingo Klöcker:
> > One of the main design decisions for Akonadi was that it serves only one
> > user on one computer. We explicitly excluded problems caused by multi-
> > user and multi-computer support to keep the task manageable. It still
> > took more than 5 years.
>
> So am I getting this right: No chance for kdepim (actually Akonadi, but
> afais kdepim is tied to Akonadi) with nfs?

There seem to be two independent issues.
One is NFS not capable of hosting sockets, which is probably already avoidable
by configuration.

One is certain DB engines not liking to work on NFS, however "liking" and "not
supporting" seem to be different levels, i.e. Martin says it works for him.

AFAIK SQLite doesn't "like" working on NFS either, but at least it doesn't
need an additional socket. Might be worth a try.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring