[kdepim-users] Font size in KMail HTML viewer

Stan Goodman stan.goodman at hashkedim.com
Mon Sep 6 21:01:58 BST 2010

At 21:56:49 on Monday Monday 06 September 2010, Ingo Klöcker
<kloecker at kde.org> wrote:
> On Sunday 05 September 2010, Stan Goodman wrote:
> > At 23:12:25 on Sunday Sunday 05 September 2010, Ingo Klöcker
> >
> > <kloecker at kde.org> wrote:

> > > That's KDE 3.5.10.
> >
> > That's true.
> >
> > > I assume by message window you mean the separate message viewer one
> > > gets by double clicking a message. And by HTML viewer you mean the
> > > message pane in the main window, right?
> >
> > The message window is where one reads the plain-text of incoming
> > messages. The HTML viewer is where a HTML-formatted version is
> > displayed.
>
> Hmm. I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

I don't know how it can be made more clear.

> > > You can change the font size in both viewers for example with
> > > Ctrl+Mouse wheel.
> >
> > My mouse doesn't have wheels. I can change the font size in the
> > message window by Settings > Configure KMail > Appearance > Fonts. I
> > do not see a way to either choose a font or change the style or size
> > of an existing font. Surely there must be a way.
>
> The thing with HTML is that the HTML tells KMail which font size to
> use. I'm not sure whether the standard keyboard shortcuts of Konqueror
> for changing the font size work in KMail 1.9. Try whether Ctrl+Plus
> (and Ctrl+Minus) work. (In KMail 1.13 they do not work. :-( )

Then maybe this is a good time to try Evolution. Perhaps it is more
complete than KMail in this respect.

^+ and ^- are normal for browsers; one  would have thought that the
developers of KMail would have understood why they are handy. Apparently
they don't.

I find the text displayed in the HTML viewer to be so small that I need to
squint, or sometimes to give up reading it and go on to something more
productive. It is very hard to believe that there is no means provided to
enlarge the text. Or to use instead an external viewer like a browser.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on