[kdepim-users] KMobileTools revived!

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 14:20:35 BST 2010

On 30/08/2010 13:52, Quentin Denis wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> two month ago I took over the development of the abandoned KMobileTools
> project. I have fixed a lot of errors and continued the porting to Qt4 and the
> new engine. I would like to commit all the changes to svn, could someone grant
> me access? What else on KDE.org do I need access to (I already got ownership
> for the kde-apps.org project page)? I just created a new account for this
> purpose: Qdenis
>
> This message is also a call for developers. I am not very experienced and to
> accelerate the coding I would need a small development team. There is work for
> all kind of skills, espacially in general Qt/KDE programming (where I start
> with), C-coding for the various engines and KDE4 Akonadi/PIM integration. For
> the last two I have no experience, so help is highly welcome. As far as I can
> tell you, coding on KMobileTools is fun! :)
>
> I hope the new KMobileTools will get both popularity on the userside and
> interest in development on the contributors' side. Thank you!

Quentin, this is just to cheer you on! Sadly I have not developed
anything for years and not at all (apart from scripts) in *nix but I
very much welcome your efforts! I will keep a keen eye on this as I
"survive" with Gammu/Wammu to connect to my phone. It works but is
everything but pretty

Sinclair