[kdepim-users] Fwd: HELP Kontact/Akonadi Problems

John Wilson john_wilson at telus.net
Thu Sep 23 22:15:32 BST 2010

On September 9, 2010 04:30:06 am Art Alexion wrote:
> [...]
By and large distros such as Mandriva are better for a KDE desktop as are
PCLinuxOS and OpenSUSE would be a vast improvement.  I ditched Kubuntu after
discovering a lot of the core functions of KDE were missing, disabled or
overridden by the underlying GNOME core of Ubuntu.  And that was way back in
the KDE 3.x days.  Kubuntu isn't KDE it's GNOME with a prettier face.

One caution, though, don't expect Akonadi to work consistently or well.   The
devs have hoisted pre-Alpha software on us in terms of how it works with
Kontact and KMail.  In short not at all well.  It takes some doing to get it
to work but once it does it's fairly stable.

ttfn

John