[kdepim-users] How to unsubscribe from this mailing list

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 15 09:46:22 BST 2010

On Tuesday 14 Sep 2010 20:01:46 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Monday 13 September 2010, Ingo Klöcker wrote:

> > > It really is time something was done about this (on all mailing
> > > lists).  How is any newbie to know that the mailman link below is
> > > the place to change preferences or unsubscribe?  He has to be
> > > clairvoyant - and not many people are!
> >
> > Please suggest an appropriate text for the footer. Maybe something
> > like "Change the settings or unsubscribe at ..."? I will gladly add
> > it.
>
> Thanks for the suggestions! I went for a mix of both suggestions. See
> below. :-)
>
> While we are at it, shall I add some more information to the footer,
> e.g. a link to an FAQ or so on userbase?

A link to UserBase would be nice, but I don't know about making it to the FAQ,
which is entirely KMail.   While that would address the questions about moving
to a new computer, it would miss the KAddressBook and Akonadi pages.  Of
course we could put some links to those pages on the FAQ page - or would it be
better to link all of these pages just from the front KMail (or maybe
Kontact?) page?  In fact, looking at this, I see that migration is addressed
on two pages - not a good idea, in terms of maintenance, so we'll need to make
decisions on that too.

Ideas and opinions welcome ;-)

Anne
--