[kdepim-users] HOWTO? building kmail2 and new akonadi

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Sep 5 11:49:13 BST 2010

On Saturday, 2010-09-04, Richard Smith wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 5:15 AM, Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at> wrote:
> > The idea is to make all stabilization work in 4.5 branch and forward port
> > to trunk by using svnmerge.
> >
> > trunk also contains really new development, e.g. work on the mobile apps.
> > It also depends on kdepimlibs trunk which could at some point depend on
> > Akonadi trunk.
> >
> > KDEPIM 4.5 branch should always be buildable with the latest release of
> > kdepimlibs 4.5
>
> Thanks Kevin.   So if I understand correctly the bulk of commits in
> the near future will be going into the 4.5 branch and then sometime
> (or periodically) you will rebase onto trunk.  Right now your
> recommendation for code to play with would be from the 4.5 branch.

Well, the bulk of commits will be going into trunk, since it will get all
commits for stabilization as well as new development.

However, it is correct that I recommend playing with the 4.5 branch, because
it will get all fixes but not be disturbed by any new code, etc.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring