[kdepim-users] Re: problems with gmail imap

IvanOps ivan.buttinoni at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 10:03:07 BST 2010

Bugzilla from art.alexion at verizon.net wrote:

> Gmail IMAP has a pseudo folder called [Gmail] that doesn't contain any
> mail, but contains some default subfolders.  Previous versions of kmail
> were OK with this, but 1.11.2 constantly complains as follows:
>
> Error while getting folder information.
> Could Not Determine Resource Status
> An attempt to determine information about the status of the resource
> Unable to get information about folder [Gmail]. The server replied:
> Invalid folder: [Gmail] (Failure), such as the resource name, type, size,
> etc., was unsuccessful.
> Technical reason: Could Not Stat Resource
>
> This pops us every time kmail tries to check for new mail.  As I have 3
> accounts, the problem is tripled.
>
> Is this an upstream problem or kubuntu-specific?
> [...]

Hi,
I don't know where the problem come from, but I've the same problem and I
fix it with a simple step:
right click on " [Gmail] " folder -> properties -> uncheck all options
("Include this folder in mail checks"...)

If the properties menu is disable, then this folder is already managed by
kmail as special folder, so it's another " [Gmail] " folder that give you
this problem.

Hope this can help

Bye
Ivan