[kdepim-users] Re: kaddressbook missing features

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 14 10:47:52 BST 2010

On Wednesday 13 Oct 2010 21:39:44 Mirko Hessel-von Molo wrote:
> * What can you do with "Groups" at all, currently?
>    (Being able to select names and email adresses for
>    copy and paste isn't worth much, it seems to me...)

That largely depends on what "currently" means.  Ubuntu Lucid doesn't mean a
thing to me, so I can't answer specifically.

At one point (I can't remember exactly when) copy and paste was the only
option open to you.  Then the developers got Groups working, and back-ported
it to the then-current distributions.  I do not know where you have got to, on
this time-scale, but it has been working for quite a long time, so I would
have thought you have the working version.

Groups replace Distribution Lists and work in much the same way.  I have a
Testing group which contains all my email addresses.  If I start an email and
put Testing Group into the addressline, I don't see who it is going to, but it
is delivered to all the addresses in that group.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group