[kdepim-users] Re: Two Kmail management questions

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Wed Nov 10 22:05:31 GMT 2010

On Wednesday 10 November 2010, Dj YB wrote:

> > > yes. select the messages and right click on one of them-> move to
> > > (choose the destination folder)
> > > or drag and drop the selected messages to the desired folder.
> >
> > I didn't refine the query sufficiently. The problem is that I have
> > yet to find how to select more than a single line in the folder
> > contents, or for that matter, in the message-list window. In other
> > OSes, it is to hold down the mouse button while moving the mouse
> > over the region to be selected. That doesn't work in Linux. That
> > is why "GROUPS" is in caps.
>
> try using the shift\ctrl keys.
> select the first of a series, hold shift and select the last.
> or hold ctrl and select one by one.

And if you want to select several consecutive messages with the keyboard
then press and hold the Shift key and then press the Left or Right arrow
key. Moreover, you can navigate to another message without affecting the
selection with Alt+Left/Right and then you can continue selecting
consecutive messages with Shift+Left/Right or single messages with
Shift+Space.