[kdepim-users] Re: Using external calendar file with Kontact...

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Sun Nov 28 17:05:32 GMT 2010

[ Comments below, in line ]

On Sunday 28 November 2010 at 11:54 am, r bartlett penned
about "[kdepim-users] Re: Using external calendar file with Kontact..."

> Yes, but since this is on /home/wife and I'm on /home/husband is
> there any way to have the file accessible to me without meaning I
> have to chmod 777 each and every directory in the path
> /home/wife/.kde/share/apps/korganizer?
>
> Could this file reside somewhere that both/any users have access to?
> Like /home perhaps?

Howdy,

Is it on the same machine?  If so, I suspect you should be able to
place the file anywhere you'd like and if necessary, create a symbolic
link  `/home/wife/.kde/share/apps/korganizer'

See `man ln' on how to create a symbolic link.

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926      Fax:   760.860.5225 (US)